beauty courses hampshire,
beauty courses portsmouth,
beauty courses southampton,
NVQ massage course,
NVQ beauty course portsmouth,
nail technician course portsmouth
hamphsire beauty training
ALL FEES VAT INCLUSIVE UNTIL END OF AUGUST 2017!
Portsmouth Hair & Beauty School is our NEW centre on the coast and is part of the West London School of Beauty (established in 2008).
We are dedicated to providing high quality training in intensive fast track short courses on a 1-2-1 basis, and in small group sizes, ensuring individual attention within relaxed professional surroundings to meet all your needs.
We offer a wide range of training including beauty, holistic, nails and massage courses. The School carries out courses from the Commercial Road area of Portsmouth, and all the training staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. All of our courses are designed to be learner centred, fun and innovative and guarantee you an exceptionally high standard of training by fully qualified tutors, so whichever course you choose you can do so in complete confidence that it will be delivered by highly professional staff in small class sizes, in surroundings that are conducive to learning.
We are friendly, offering a supportive learning environment, with the opportunity to obtain recognised qualifications, fully accredited by The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and The Guild of Professional Holistic Therapists, as well as Assocated Beauty Therapists and Professional Beauty Direct. Our Acrylic Nails, Manicure and Pedicure and Swedish Massage courses are also BABTAC accredited.
Upon successful completion of any of our courses, you will be awarded the Portsmouth Beauty School Diploma. This will enable you to join one of the recognised professional bodies to whom we are accredited - such as The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists, BABTAC, ABT or Professional Beauty Direct. This membership will provide you with insurance, as well as newsletters, advertising and entry to trade shows.
Is the Portsmouth Beauty School Diploma all I need, or will I need a NVQ or equivalent?
If you are looking to work in the industry, in a salon, as a mobile therapist or become self employed, you will require a Portsmouth Beauty School Diploma. This will enable you to obtain public liability insurance so you can work on the paying public. You can gain insurance through Associated Beauty Therapists, Professional Beauty Direct and The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists.
The Portsmouth Beauty School Diploma is ideal for:
- Those wishing to work in spas or salons
- Complete beginners with no previous experience
- Those who wish to fast-track into the beauty/ massage/ nails industry
- Existing therapists wishing to update their skills
- Qualified therapists requiring CPD points
It will enable you to:
- Start a business working as a mobile therapist
- Start a business working from a home based salon
The NVQ or VTCT qualification is recommended for:
- Those who wish to work in a salon, spa or cruise ship - minimum requirements are NVQ Levels 2 or 3 or VTCT Level 2 or 3.
- Those who wish to open their own high street premises.
- These externally accredited qualifications increase your chances of gaining employment. NVQ and VTCT qualifications are recognised by the employer as confirming that you are able to perform treatments competently and within a commercially acceptable time.
- In many areas the Portsmouth Beauty School Diploma will enable you to open your own beauty salon. BUT, in cities, particularly London, your local council may require you to hold an NVQ/VTCT qualification in order to issue you with a Special Treatments Licence.
The Level 2 qualification is similar to a GCSE at A*-C, Key Skills 2, GNVQ Intermediate and Functional Skills 2. The Level 3 qualification is similar to an A Level, GNVQ or Key Skills 3.